Coaching information for the 2018-19 Utica Jr. Comets season
Below are five requirements for all Utica Jr. Comets coaches, as required by USA Hockey.
All Coaches and managers must be added and approved through the registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
All coaches (head and assistant) must have the following credentials completed by December 31st, with Safesport needing to be completed by the start of the season.
- Current USA Hockey Registration Number
- This must be renewed each year in order for coaches to be on roster.
- This must be done at http://www.usahockey.com/usahockeyregistration
- Current CEP Level
- USA Hockey requires yearly advancement of the Coaching Education Program.
- There are four coaching levels (1-4).
- If you have achieved level 3 and have renewed level 3 once, you must advance to level 4 in order to continue coaching.
- Age Specific Module (online)
- Coaches must complete the online age specific course for the level they are coaching at.
- You only need to take any level once, but if you coach at a new level the following year you must complete the module for that level.
- Modules are good for the duration of your coaching career.
- Modules include: Mite 8U, Squirt 10U, Peewee 12U, Bantam 14U, Midget 16/18/19U
- Safe Sport (online)
- Must be renewed every two years.
- Background Screening
- You must have this screening to be around Jr. Comets players.
- This is the NYSAHA approved screening. No other background screen is permitted.
- Once completed, please provide your ‘receipt’ to the registrar.
- This can be found here: NYSAHA Approved Background Screening
Any coaching questions, please contact the A.C.E coordinator: Scott Kurdziolek – email@example.com
Must register with USA Hockey (at no charge), take SafeSport and complete the background screening.